Since 1993, the Stone Law Offices, Ltd. have been assisting individuals in starting new businesses and established businesses in their internal administration matters in order to help the company successfully grow.
In addition, our firm provides guidance on business planning approaches that will allow you to gainfully sell or transfer your business at the most opportune time. We also advise non-profit entities in how to incorporate and to obtain their state and federal non-profit status designation.
Our firm advises and represents companies and entrepreneurs with a broad range of business-related services. We advise business owners, entrepreneurs and managers on business law, start-up assistance including the formation of an entity and on the protection of a trademark or license agreement. We also assist with the process of buying or selling a business.
Business Startup Services
Starting a business requires thorough planning. Our firm assists business owners in the formation of legally sound business entities and helps entrepreneurs devise business strategies that help them achieve their goals. We advise on the business startup and formation process as well as issues related to selection of entity type and jurisdiction, including:
- Subchapter C-corporation formation
- Subchapter S-corporation formation
- Limited liability company (LLC) formation
- Partnership formation (including LLP)
- Stock purchases
- Asset purchases
- Joint ventures
We also advise on and draft shareholder agreements, membership agreements or partnership agreements as part of the entity formation process.
Buying and Selling Businesses
Our firm can guide business owners in the multi-stage process of buying or selling a business, including:
- Advising on the structure of the transaction
- Negotiation of terms and drafting of the deal memorandum
- Advising sellers on legal strategies to address issues raised during the due diligence process
- Advising buyers on conducting legal due diligence
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the extensive documentation involved in a business transaction, such as asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements and security agreements
Preparation and Review of Business Contracts
In consultation with business owners, we review, draft and negotiate contracts related to various business activities, including:
- Buy-sell agreements
- Service contracts
- Releases and waivers
- Property agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Operating agreements
- Lease agreements